This weekend, we’ll be covering the 2018 Tarawera Ultramarathon from Rotorua on New Zealand’s North Island. Our coverage begins at 7 a.m. local time on Saturday, February 10 (which translates to Friday, February 9 at 11 a.m. Mountain Time in the U.S.). We’ll be livecasting the event on iRunFar’s Twitter feed. We’ll also be combining our Twitter feed with other possible news sources below. Here are a couple resources to help you follow the race:
- iRunFar’s 2018 Tarawera Ultramarathon preview;
- Our pre-race interviews with Dylan Bowman, Cecilia Flori, Sam McCutcheon, and Ruby Muir;
- The Tarawera website with course information on the 102k including maps, profiles, written descriptions, aid-station information, and lead-runner pace estimates; as well as the downloadable race guide;
- The race’s live runner tracking;
- The entrants list; and
- For an inside look at the race, here are Tarawera founder Paul Charteris’s thoughts on race directing. You can also read an in-depth profile on Paul’s personal journey.
Thanks for following iRunFar! If you enjoy our race coverage, consider supporting us financially by joining the iRunFar family on Patreon. Thanks! -Bryon Powell, Founder