Not only are we thanking you, the iRunFar reader, this week for helping us reach the milestone of one million(!) pageviews, but we’re also preparing to move iRunFar headquarters out of the Sierra Nevada. It’s a long story that we’ll fill you in on later. Anyway, we’re getting rid of our entire stockpile of giveaway items ahead of the move.
Most of the gear we’re giving away in this contest is new; however, there are lightly-used items, as well. You can assume that an item is new unless we tell you otherwise. Details on how to enter follow the list of gear to be won.
FYI, we’re running four other great contests this week in celebration of iRunFar’s one millionth pageview. Here’s an index to all of our contests this week. Two highlights: An Endurance Challenge prize package from The North Face and 5 pairs of New Balance’s just-released MT101/WT101 trail shoe!
- Salomon Minim 30 – A lightweight (675 g) 30-liter pack that is hydration compatible and trekking pole friendly. The pack is black and red.
- Camelbak Blowfish – Generally a bike pack that was used for trail running. A used, couple-year-old version that’s still in good shape. About a 12 liter capacity that holds a 100-ounce bladder (not included). Goldenrod and gray.
- Camelbak Flashflo – A waist-mounted hydration pack (bladder included). A used, couple-year-old version that’s still in good shape. Blue, gray, and black.
Short Sleeve Tech Shirts (medium unless otherwise noted)
- Jupiter Peak Steeplechase ’10 – A good looking blue shirt from Green Layer.
- Rothrock Challenge ’10 – Another blue shirt from Green Layer with small, simple front logo and sponsor-filled back.
- HAT Run 50k – White shirt with black neck and small black back panel. Back features a definition of ultrarunning.
- Freemotion – Black shirt with yellow accents.
- Taos Up and Over Trail Run ’10 (extra small) – Blue shirt with simple logo front and sponsor-filled back.
- Salomon New Era Cap (medium/large) – Black with small “Salomon” and logo in gray on front.
- Salomon Cap (large/extra large) – Classy black cap with large gray Salomon logo and gray trim.
- Mammut Cap (large/extra large) – Black cap with the Mammut logo.
- Udo’s Oil Cap – Black Coolmax hat bearing “Udo’s Oil” and “oil the machine.”
Socks (sizes are noted in US men’s)
- Asics Men Sorbtex Performance Low Cut Sock 3 Pack (large 9-12) – Three pairs of thin white tech socks.
- Injinji Performance Mini-Crew (large – 11-13) – The classic Injinji tetrasock in “sand” color.
- Merrell Quick Socks (large – 9-11.5) – Merino running socks with targeted cushioning.
- Newton Ankle Socks (large/extra large 10.5-15) – Performance running socks perfectly suited to Newton running shoes.
- The North Face Men’s Fire Road No Show (large – 9-12.5) – Thin-to-medium weight socks with targeted cushioning.
- Brooks Run Happy Water Bottle – A dark blue 20 ounce H2GO bottle with the Brooks Run Happy logo.
- PUR Guide Water Filter and Replacement Cartridge – This is a fastpacking/hiking item rather than a true running item, but it may be useful for iRunFar readers. The filter system, which is well-used and well-cared for, comes with a replacement filter.
- Nathan Flip Straw Pure Bottle – An orange 700 ml BPA flip straw bottle.
- La Sportiva Bottle – A white, BPA-free, biodegradable water bottle.
- nuun Bottle – A blue water bottle made by Specialized.
- Mountain Trails Foundation bottle – A water bottle featuring the MTF logo.
- The North Face towel – A thin small-to-medium size towel that would be great to wipe off with after a workout.
- Assorted flash drives – We’ve got a couple outdoor company-branded USB flash drives with from 1/2 – 1 GB capacity.
- Salomon Shoe Bag – A simple black Salomon shoe bag.
- The North Face Sunscreen – 50 mLs of 20 UPF sunscreen.
- Green Laces Shoelaces – Show your support of the environment with these laces.
Really, there are no rules to speak of. To enter, just leave a comment (please do this directly on the website, not via email) with your name and location. While not necessary, please include your email in the confidential box above the main comment box to help expedite our getting your brand new gear out to you (if you win). In the name of responsible shipping (and our non-existent budget) we’re limiting this contest to American and Canadian shipping locations only.
We ask that you please note in the comment only the gear pieces in which you are most interested. Your specific requests add to our work, but mean the gear goes to the folks for whom it would be most useful. There’s no limit to the number of items you can enter to win (see paragraph below), we just ask that you are thoughtful in entering the contest.
The drawing for each item will be random … for the most part. One caveat of this giveaway is that you’ll only walk away with one item. (A good reason to only enter for the items you want most.) With that in mind, there may be instances where we will deliberately divvy up prizes so that more people walk away happy.
To be eligible, you need to enter by 5 p.m. PDT on Friday, October 15. We’ll post results from all of our One Miiillllionth Pageview contests on October 18th.
We don’t make you “do” anything to enter this giveaway. No need to fill out a form, sign up for this, or subscribe to that. However, if you appreciate iRunFar and what it does, we just ask that you spread the word. You could share news of this giveaway with others, link to iRunFar on your blog or website, or tell your buddies about the website on your next run.
While you’re at it, consider further embracing the iRunFar community through one of the following options. Not only will they keep you better informed (we share different news on the website, the Facebook page, and Twitter), but you’ll help us out, too!
Also, anyone looking for a free iRunFar bumper sticker, please use our contact page to request one. We’ll need your full address for that! Folks, we ship these free anywhere in the world. Really!