The 2018 Hardrock 100 begins in downtown Silverton, Colorado at 6 a.m. MDT on Friday, July 20th. From there, 145 runners will have 48 hours to traverse the 100 miles and 33,000-plus feet of gain in this year’s clockwise loop back to Silverton, where they’ll kiss the rock to stop the clock.
For such a small event, there’ll be some exciting action at the front of the men’s and women’s races. We’ll be livecasting the event over on iRunFar’s Twitter feed. We’ll also be combining our Twitter feed with other possible news sources in the combined feed below.
Here are a couple resources to help you follow the race:
- iRunFar’s in-depth Hardrock preview;
- iRunFar’s pre-race video interviews with Jeff Browning, Troy Howard, Nikki Kimball, Kaori Niwa, Sabrina Stanley, and Xavier Thévenard;
- The Hardrock website with the 2018 Runners Manual in three parts (all downloadable PDFs): Part 1 – Runner Info, Part 2 – Course Description, and Part 3 – Run History;
- Aid station timing updates and runner GPS tracking (also embedded below); and
- Live audio from Hardrock’s radio transmissions (downloaded m3u file).
A special thanks to Smartwool for making our coverage of the Hardrock 100 possible!
At a race as long and remote as Hardrock, there will be time gaps between our coverage. Here are some Hardrock-related nuggets to fill your time:
- Our feature story Hardrocking: Sharing the Lode about the mining history along the Hardrock course;
- Our How to Run Hardrock article;
- A long-form Hardrock profile, Between a Hardrock and a Place, by Leon Lutz;
- Evan Honeyfield’s Voices of Hardrock six-part video series from 2012;
- Bryon Powell’s articles from his lead up to the 2018 Hardrock: The Journey to Hardrock: A Joyous Gift and Embracing Inadequacy;
- A long-form interview with two-time Hardrock champion Anna Frost in the weeks before the 2017 run;
- Our profile of Blake Wood, now a 21-time Hardrock finisher;
- Dakota Jones’s A Personal Portrait of Hardrock from 2012;
- Highlights from our 2017 coverage, including our results article and post-event interviews with champions Caroline Chaverot and Kilian Jornet; and
- All of iRunFar’s Hardrock 100 articles and resources.
Like what we’re doing? Please consider becoming a monthly supporter of iRunFar on Patreon or making a one time donation via PayPal in support of our coverage of the Hardrock 100. We’ve also got some great products in the new iRunFar Store! Your support helps make iRunFar happen. Thank you!