After seven years of covering the UTMB, this year we’re covering the CCC in addition to the UTMB. Find our full news stream of the event in this article as well as more resources to help you follow the race. You can also venture over to our Twitter feed and see more updates on our Facebook page.
The CCC is a 101-kilometer (62.8-mile) route beginning in Courmayeur, Italy and traveling counterclockwise around Mont Blanc to Switzerland and, then, France before arriving to its Chamonix, France finish line. It has 6,100 meters (about 20,000 feet) of climb.
The current, 101k version of the course has been run for the last four years. Course records are 11:21:16 by Pau Bartoló in 2014 for the men and 12:54:53 by Ruth Croft in 2015 for the women.
We’re excited to help tell the race’s competitive story! We’ll be covering CCC live starting at 9 a.m. CEST (1 a.m. MDT in the U.S.) on Friday, September 1.
Here are some resources to help you follow the race:
- iRunFar’s CCC preview;
- Our pre-race interviews with Clare Gallagher, Hayden Hawks Nathalie Mauclair, and Ludovic Pommeret;
- UltraTrail.TV’s live video feed, a video feed hosted by the race organization;
- The UTMB website and the the CCC-specific page, which includes the course map, course profile, and technical information about the race;
- A search function for entrants and tabs for race favorites; and
- The race administration’s live tracker for all entrants.
P.S.: We’re covering the CCC without any sponsorship–because we think it’s too competitive not to! If you love what we do, consider supporting us. Thank you!
Please consider making a donation in support of our coverage of the CCC. Thank you!
-Bryon Powell, Editor-in-Chief of iRunFar