The Transvulcania Ultramarathon takes place this Saturday on the island of La Palma in Spain’s Canary Islands. Our live coverage begins at 6 a.m. local time (WEST) on Saturday, May 10, which is 11 p.m. (MDT) on Friday, May 9 in the U.S.
You can follow along on iRunFar’s Twitter feed. We’ll also be combining our twitter feed with other possible news sources and encouraging all of you to join the discussion in the CoverItLive window below. For those preferring distraction-free news, we’ve got a simplified news feed for you.
Here are a couple resources to help you follow the race:
- Our men’s and women’s previews for the front of the field;
- The Transvulcania website in English (and Español) with a course description, a Google Earth map, and an entrants list (pdf);
- Our interviews with Luis Alberto Hernando, Dakota Jones, Kilian Jornet, Timothy Olson, Emma Roca, Anna Frost and Emelie Forsberg, as well as Krissy Moehl and Jodee Adams-Moore;
- Intermittent live video;
- Official race splits; and
- Trail Running Argentina’s previas en español de los hombres y las mujeres.
iRunFar’s Coverage of the 2014 Transvulcania Ultramarathon
Please consider making a donation in support of our coverage of the Transvulcania Ultramarathon. Purchasing items from the iRunFar Store also supports our race coverage around the world.
Simplified News Feed
Tranvulcania’s Live Feed
There should be a combined four hours of video on Saturday, including the random coverage from aid stations as well as the leaders finishing. Watch it here!