Dear iRunFar reader,
It’s with great excitement that we share that iRunFar has joined the AllGear group within Lola Digital Media this past week. We join other amazing websites like GearJunkie, Bikerumor, Switchback Travel, and ExplorersWeb among others.
To begin, at its core, iRunFar will remain the same. We continue to be the editor-in-chief and managing editor, respectively, and the work of our columnists will continue to fill iRunFar’s pages. We aim to retain the great mix of articles you’ve come to expect from iRunFar and return to live race coverage when it feels responsible to do so.
With this change, iRunFar will:
- Experience more stability, financial and otherwise, as we’re part of a larger organization.
- Gain the resources to grow and innovate.
- Have the opportunity to add staff, as we have been working near our limit throughout iRunFar’s existence.
- Offload some business, administrative, and technical tasks, so the two of us can focus more on the creative side of iRunFar.
- Work with the outside expertise of other editors and teams within AllGear, so we’re not making every decision from scratch in a vacuum.
Joining Lola energizes and invigorates us. We’re so excited to be part of a larger team and, hopefully, to grow our own team and, thus, iRunFar.
No matter what’s ahead on the trail, we’ll work with the trail running and ultrarunning communities as our focal points and we remain committed to iRunFar’s mission of inspiring and informing its readers. We can’t wait to take this journey with–and for–you.
Bryon and Meghan