The 2018 Western States 100 kicks off at 5 a.m. PDT on Saturday, June 23rd in Olympic Valley, California before covering the 100 miles to the city of Auburn. We offer you several different ways to watch the race unfold live:
- We’ll be livecasting the event on iRunFar’s Twitter feed. We’ll also be combining our Twitter feed with other possible news sources below in this article.
- We’ll provide a live video feed from the finish line. Don’t worry, we’ll let you know via our social-media channels when the feed is live!
- iRunFar’s in-depth women’s and men’s Western States previews;
- Your 1,600-entrant strong group-think predictions;
- iRunFar’s pre-race interviews with top athletes, including Lucy Bartholomew, Kris Brown, Jeff Browning, Courtney Dauwalter, François D’haene, Tim Freriks, Kaytlyn Gerbin, Mark Hammond, Kaci Lickteig, Camelia Mayfield, Stephanie Violett, and Jim Walmsley;
- iRunFar’s pre-race interviews with Western States organization members, storytellers, and prognosticators, including Lisa Henson and John Medinger, Andy Jones-Wilkins (with prognostication panel), Ryan Sandes and Craig Thornley;
- We’ve also collected all of iRunFar’s Western States articles and resources, including all our extensive pre-race coverage of this year’s race;
- Four Intriguing Storylines at the 2018 Western States 100;
- What Will This Year’s Western States Moment Be?;
- The Western States website with course maps; and
- Live updates of the entire field from Ultralive.net.
A special thanks to Drymax for once again making our coverage of the Western States 100 possible!
In case you’re looking for a little something to fill any gaps in the coverage, here are some highlights from iRunFar’s Western States 100 archive:
- Our 2017 Western States 100 results article, with links to all of our post-race video interviews;
- An Obsessive’s Description of the Western States 100 Course (Note: Minor updates were made to the course in 2017.);
- The Western States Killing Machine Part 1;
- The Western States Killing Machine Part 2: The Marble in the Groove;
- The Lore of Western States: Chasing the Silver Buckle;
- The Lore of Western States: The Golden Hour;
- How the West(ern) Was Won (Pam Smith’s description of how she went about winning the hot 2013 WS100);
- We Dream the Same Dreams: Rehabbing the Western States Trail After the American Fire;
- Ann Trason: The Pioneer Returns;
- Ann Trason and the 1995 Western States 100; and
- Nikki Kimball and the 2006 Western States 100.
iRunFar’s Live Coverage of the 2018 Western States 100
Like what we’re doing? Please consider becoming a monthly supporter of iRunFar on Patreon or making a one time donation via PayPal in support of our coverage of the Western States 100. We’ve also got from great products in the new iRunFar Store! Your support helps make iRunFar happen. Thank you!
2018 Western States 100 Start Video
2018 Western States 100 Finish Line Live Video Stream