Join us from June 29 through July 5 for the To The Moon Virtual Relay, a free, week-long event with the communal goal of running or walking a combined 238,900 miles (384,400 km), the average distance from the Earth to the Moon.
That’s right, we’ll tally yours and other relay participants’ distance for those seven days with the hope of virtually covering this huge expanse! It’s an audacious challenge, but with your help and the power of the global running community, we think we can make it!
We’ll also track your personal progress as you join us in running to the Moon!
How to Take Part in the Virtual Relay
Register for the event and encourage your friends and family to do the same.Individual registration for the event is now closed, but you can still be a part of the mission by joining the event’s Strava club. All runs you log there will continue to count toward the mission’s progress.
- Get your downloadable race bib.
- Track and submit all of your runs and walks from June 29 to July 5, and check back here during event week to watch our communal and your personal progress. (We’ll post the submission form and progress trackers closer to race day.)
- Have a blast as we make this collective trip to the Moon!
More Activities and Info
- Moonrunner Kids Activities – A mix of seven fun and educational activities for kids.
- Bonus Challenges (for Adults and Kids) – Several bonus challenges for kids and adults alike.
- Fun Lunar Facts – Learn about the Moon and lunar missions.