Jobs at iRunFar
iRunFar, a leading trail running and ultrarunning website based in the American West, is looking to expand our team with qualified individuals. Prerequisites include enthusiasm and knowledge of running, strong writing and communication skills, attention to detail, and an understanding of iRunFar’s voice. In addition to the postings listed below, we do consider specific projects and articles on a case-by-case basis.
Affiliate Managing Editor, iRunFar
AllGear Digital is looking for a high-energy, creative wordsmith with a passion for running to grow iRunFar’s high-quality gear reviews and Buyer’s Guides. Prerequisites include enthusiasm and knowledge of distance running and running gear, strong writing, editing, and communication skills, attention to detail, and an understanding of iRunFar’s voice.
Reviewing gear has been a part of iRunFar since its inception more than a decade and a half ago, and we continue to lead the industry in the independence, depth, and breadth of our reviews. We’re looking to expand our gear review coverage with additional Buyer’s Guides covering a range of categories in the running market.
Reporting to the VP, Commerce, the Managing Editor, iRunFar is a full-time, contract position with the potential to convert to regular employment status. This will be a fully remote position, with anticipated pay range of $50,000 – $85,000 per year, dependent on location, skills and prior relevant experiences, market data/ranges, and other relevant factors.
- Manage all aspects of iRunFar’s affiliate content growth, including content strategy and calendar, project staffing, process refinement, editorial integrity, content publication, and performance analysis
- Work with a team to plan, manage, and execute affiliate programs including account setup, network implementation, growth and development, day-to-day organization, and budget management
- Update and improve iRunFar’s existing gear reviews and Buyer’s Guides
- Execute a growth plan of new gear reviews and Buyer’s Guides in coordination with the Content Commerce team
- Help test gear and write and edit gear reviews or Buyer’s Guides as needed
- Analyze data (e.g., pageviews, sales, etc.) to inform weekly, monthly, and quarterly content decisions
- Use affiliate networks (AvantLink, Amazon Associates, CJ, etc.) and data analytics tools (e.g., Google Analytics, Trackonomics) for reporting, measurement, and decision making
- Assist with sponsored campaigns: brainstorming content ideas, edits to content, link tracking, and reporting
- Collaborate with Editorial, News, and Audience Development teams to ensure efficient and effective use of resources across organizational boundaries
- Hire and manage projects for freelance writers and gear testers, and nurture individual growth to improve the competence and skills of the team and its members
- Communicate with brands and industry as needed
- Negotiate rates and contracts as needed
- Collaborate on running-related matters in other parts of the organization (i.e., on publications other than iRunFar), as directed by AllGear Digital management
- Experience managing affiliate programs for digital publishers or merchants
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Advanced understanding of current SEO best practices
- Data-minded: Skill to analyze, measure, and report on affiliate performance
- Familiarity with WordPress CMS (preferred)
- Enjoys working on a small, nimble team
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and samples of your writing and/or editorial work to [email protected] with the subject line “Application: Affiliate Managing Editor, iRunFar” to be considered. If an AllGear employee referred you, be sure to include that in your email.