One of the highlights of iRunFar in 2012 was the addition of Ian Torrence’s Your Ultra-Training Bag of Tricks column. Every month since April, he’s provided his insights into nine discrete ultramarathon training topics.
- Essential Elements of Ultramarathon Training
- Endurance-Based Workouts
- Stamina-Based Workouts
- Speed-Based Workouts
- Sprint-Based, Hill and Predictor Workouts
- The Difficult Art of Peaking
- Altitude Training and Racing
After taking a winter hiatus in January, Ian will be back to doling out his experienced advice starting in February. The topics he’ll tackle in coming months are a bit more esoteric – motivation, goal setting, and pacing during a race – than his physiology-focused efforts of 2012.
Call for Comments
- Which of Ian’s articles have you found the most useful or enjoyed the most?
- What topics would you like to see Ian write about in 2013?
If you’re looking for additional fundamental ultramarathon running information, you might want to check out the Training for an Ultramarathon article that kicked off iRunFar as we know it… or, for you paper-flipping fans, there’s always Relentless Forward Progress: A Guide to Running Ultramarathons, a book penned by the publisher of iRunFar (i.e., me).