- Essential Elements of Ultramarathon Training
- Endurance-Based Workouts
- Stamina-Based Workouts
- Speed-Based Workouts
- Sprint-Based, Hill and Predictor Workouts
- The Difficult Art of Peaking
- Altitude Training and Racing
Ian will be back to doling out his experienced advice after a short hiatus. The topics he’ll tackle in coming months are a bit more esoteric – motivation, goal setting, and pacing during a race – than his physiology-focused efforts to date.
Call for Comments
- Which of Ian’s articles have you found the most useful or enjoyed the most?
If you’re looking for additional fundamental ultramarathon running information, you might want to check out iRunFar Ultimate Guide to Ultramarathon Training … or, for you paper-flipping fans, there’s always Relentless Forward Progress: A Guide to Running Ultramarathons, a book penned by the publisher of iRunFar (i.e., me).