For decades, Buzz Burrell has blurred the bounds of running and outdoor adventure. Now, as Ultimate Direction product manager, he's come up with his dream pack for multiday running adventures, the Ultimate Direction Fastpack 20.
With 15-20 liters of internal storage and oodles more external storage, it holds more than enough for your minimalist multiday excursion. Weighing a mere 17 ounces, it won't slow you down a bit! Go forth and adventure.
The one-piece, seamless back panel is very cool.
The 15-20L volume rating is conservative – that's for the main compartment only – there's a ton of storage on the outside that isn't in that number. It's 15 liters when it's rolled down tight, and 20 liters when it's rolled out. I REALLY like the roll-top closure for this and other reasons – unlike zippers, a roll top won't break, leak, or add weight.
A lot of company's are making "summit" packs, which are great for climbing but lousy for everything else. Exterior storage is key. You want to be able to go the whole day without taking time to dig around in the main compartment.
This comes with NO bottles or reservoir – very intentionally. People should use whatever hydration they want, where they want, how they want. Bottles will fit in the front holsters, as will cameras, phones, and maps. Bottles will also fit in the side stretch pouches, including big quart bottles or whatever. A reservoir will fit in the back for diehards.
This pack will actually be used for everything from day hiking to summits to week-long backpacks.
- Easy access large pockets for storing phones, bars or bottles
- Fits up to our 20oz Kicker Bottle (Not Included)
- Bottom stretch storage pockets for gels, ID, keys, etc
- Side lat straps for size adjustment
- 2 Adjustable sternum straps for dialing in fit
- Unique one piece single back panel
- Removable textured foam back panel for airflow and comfort
- No-bounce Hex mesh for stability and breathability
- Easy roll top closure for adjustable volumes of 15-20L
- Water resistant construction for gear protection
- Internal stretch mesh divider for reservoir or gear
- Large rear stretch mesh pocket for quick access or wet items
- Waterproof stash pocket for valuables or electronics
- Side water bottle pockets fits any bottles
- Trekking pole bungees and ice axe loops
- Cord daisy chain for lashing on gear
- Volume Capacity: 15-20L
- Weight: 17 ounces (485 g)
- 340g Power Stretch Mesh
- Mono Hex Mesh
- 210T Nylon Taffeta
- Gigatex edge binding
- Sm/Md: 23-36" (58-91 cm)
- Md/Lg: 32-44" (81-112 cm)