Thanks so much for being a part of the Operation Inspiration Virtual Race!
Event Schedule and Bib
- Click here to download the Virtual Race Event Schedule. Thanks to global participation, the race starts before dawn near the International Date Line and finishes after sundown back at the date line again. We will be livecasting the event on Twitter, and that means we’re chasing Saturday around the world for days! We’ve also got it embedded below.
- Click here to download your bib number. Print it, decorate it, wear it, share it (on social media). There is a space on there to note someone you want to inspire. Use it and let them know you did! :-) (Hat tip to the #YoCorroEnCasa virtual event for the virtual bib idea!)
Other Race Day Notes
- The Virtual Race is an hour’s workout of any kind, anytime, and anywhere on earth on Saturday, April 4. Do what works for you and your current situation.
- Please follow Operation Inspiration’s Health and Safety Guidelines and all your local government rules. We can’t emphasize enough the importance of responsible exercise.
- Here’s the link to the entrants list. We’re constantly updating it, so if you don’t see your name, check back in a few hours. If you see any errors, contact us with a correction.
- Be virtually social! Our hashtag is #OperationInspiration and we use Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Strava. We will be watching for your tags and posts across those platforms. We may include your social posts in our Virtual Race livecast!
- We are hosting a couple virtual finish lines afterward! Join us in one of our three post-race Facebook Live hangouts. Come hang out and share the story of your day!
All times are in U.S. Mountain Daylight Time. For reference, Central European Standard Time is +8 hours, and Australian Eastern Daylight Time is +17 hours.
12 p.m. – Operation Inspiration Virtual Race Livecast Begins
Our livecast includes posting photos and videos of runners participating in the Virtual Race around the world on our Twitter feed. We’ll post occasionally on our other social media, too.
1 p.m. – Fundraising Power Hour
How much money can the iRunFar community fundraise in an hour? Let’s find out.
8 a.m. – Finish Line Hangout #1
Bryon Powell and Meghan Hicks will hang out live on iRunFar’s Facebook page. Join us and runners around the world if you’ve finished your workout–and even if you haven’t!
9 a.m. – Meghan Hicks’s 2k for 2k Challenge
iRunFar managing editor Meghan Hicks will climb 2,000 vertical feet on a hill near her home and challenge the iRunFar community to raise $2,000 during her effort.
3 p.m. – Finish Line Hangout #2
Another Facebook Live chat on iRunFar’s Facebook page with Bryon Powell and Meghan Hicks. A nice afternoon hangout (US time) for those who want company post-workout.
8 p.m. – Operation Inspiration Virtual Race Livecast Ends
Our livecast ends around now, but if you’re still planning to participate in the Virtual Race, do it!
8 p.m. – Finish Line Hangout #3
Our final Facebook Live chat, where Bryon Powell and Meghan Hicks unwind the day with you. Whatever your beverage of choice, let’s virtually toast to the global running community’s amazing effort. Cheers!