Title: Gear Reviewer
Location: Ashland, Oregon
Social Media Links:
LinkedIn | Instagram
- Topics of Expertise: Trail running, ultrarunning, strength and conditioning, endurance coaching
- Amount of Expertise: 17 years trail running, 10 years ultrarunning, 7 years coaching strength and conditioning, 10 years as an endurance coach
Education & Certifications
- Education: Bachelor of Arts & Science, Geography & Biology, Syracuse University; Masters of Science, Conservation Genetics, Humboldt State University
- Certifications: ACE Certified personal trainer, NSCA Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist.
- Club or Association Memberships: Audubon Society, Oregon Humane Society, SEIU Local 503
- Awards or Recognitions: California State University Research Development in Biotechnology Grant; Disney Student Veteran’s Science Research Grant; Coast Guard endurance athlete representative; published journal article: Schmelzle, M.C. & Kinziger, A.P. (2015) Using occupancy modeling to compare environmental DNA to traditional field methods for monitoring an aquatic endangered species.
- Other Relevant Positions, Current or Past: Formerly elite trail running ambassador for Rabbit
A Word from Molly Schmelzle
Writing can be a creative force that teaches, entertains, and sparks curiosity not only for the reader but for the writer. Writing gear reviews, notably running shoe reviews, is an opportunity to inspire endurance athletes to explore new trails, new roads, and new gear that will hopefully help them enjoy the process of training and exploring. The process, in my opinion, is the best part. My personal interests include running on road and trail, cycling, strength training, swimming, biology, water law, whiskey tasting, rabbits, and reading.