Best of 2009
- Video interviews with Anton Krupicka and Duncan Callahan – Interviews with prior Leadville 100 champions Anton Krupicka and Duncan Callahan in the days before the 2009 Leadville 100.
- The Road to Trail Running Success – A discussion of why road running or non-technical trail running may improve your trail running.
- A Plea to Dean Karnazes – A reminder to all of us to listen to our bodies and take breaks when we need them.
- Trail Running Photography Tips – We went to professional photographer/ultrarunner Tom Sperduto to get tips on how to take great photos on the trail.
- New 100 milers in 2010 – A collection of the 100 milers being added to the calendar in 2010. Eight are featured while other additions are noted.
- Best Debut 100 Mile Performance of 2008 – Balloting and results for best debut 100 miler of 2008.
- A Plea to the Western States Boad for Accountability and Transparency – A call for the WS Board to open itself up due to the race’s stature in the ultrarunning community.
- Will Running on the Treadmill Make You Insane – A humorous look at treadmill running by Kevin Sullivan, whose treadmill running helped him finish 5th at the 2009 Western States 100.
- Trail Runners Reflect on 2009 – A collection of top runners and industry insiders reflect on their running in 2009.
- Ultramarathon and Trail Running Camps – Info on trail running and ultra running camps for adults.
- Western States Roundup – A collection of race reports, photos & videos from the 2009 Western States 100.
- White River Runs Wild – Anton Krupicka breaks Uli Steidl’s course record at the 2009 White River 50 mile.
- The North Face Endurance Challenge Championships – A race recap and quotes from top finishers in the 50 mile, as well as a video of competitors in the shorter races.
- Lakeside Updates on Kilian Jornet’s Tahoe Rim Run – A running commentary on Kilian Jornet’s record-breaking run of the 165-mile Tahoe Rim Trail.
- Time on the Trail with Kilian Jornet – Bryon Powell’s personal account of joining Kilian Jornet during his record-breaking run of the Tahoe Rim Trail.
- Leadville 100 2009: A Sandbagger’s Journey (Part 1 – Start through mile 40; Part 2 – mile 40 to finish) – Bryon Powell’s personal account of his 10th place finish at the 2009 Leadville 100.
- 20 hours to Harrison: Leadville 100 – Trail Runner Magazine contributing editor Garett Graubins describes the journey to his 7th place finish at the 2009 Leadville 100.
- Living It Up at the Canadian Death Race – A big time race in a small Canadian town. We were there to watch Sean Meissner become the first American man to win the race.
- Geoff Roes Obliterated Wasatch 100 Course Record – A report from the 2009 Wasatch 100 where Geoff Roes shattered the course record. Oh, and there was a phenomenal women’s race, too!
- Montrail Mountain Masochist review
- Brooks Cascadia 4 review and Cascadia 5 preview
- La Sportiva Skylite review
- YakTrax Pro review
- Kahtoola Microspikes review
- Moeben Sleeves review
- Original Buff review
- Hairties and Headbands for Runners
- Born to Run book review
Marathon des Sables/Desert Racing
- Heat Acclimation Tips – Heat acclimation tips for runners prior to fiery events like the Badwater 135 and Marathon des Sables.
- Footwear for the Marathon des Sables
- Marathon des Sables Pack and Sleeping Gear
- Food for the Marathon des Sables
- Training for the Marathon des Sables – Bryon Powell described the final 14 weeks of his training for the Marathon des Sables.