While we think iRunFar is pulling together some great pre-Western States content (you can find all of our Western States 100 coverage in one spot) and we’ve interviewed numerous runners the past few days, others are creating great stories as well. Below, we share some of these with you and we encourage you to leave a comment letting other iRunFar readers know of additional pre-race stories worth reading. We’ll be updating this article as we learn of other resources.
Also, if you want to follow along on race day, we’ll be tweeting live from the course all day, so be sure to follow iRunFar on Twitter or to tune into our Western States Live Coverage page starting early Saturday morning.
iRunFar’s coverage of the 2013 Western States 100 is brought to you by Injinji.
Top Entrants’ Pre-Race Blog Posts and Articles
Top Entrants’ (and Race Officials) Interviews
- Dylan Bowman – Ultrarunnerpodcast
- Cameron Clayton – Tahoe Mountain Sports
Aliza Lapierre – Julbo[broken link removed]
- Karl Meltzer – Ultrarunnerpodcast
- Amy Sproston – Ultrarunnerpodcast
- Craig Thornley (RD) – Competitor
- Craig Thornley and Tim Twietmeyer – Trail Runner Nation podcast
Race Overviews and Stories
- A Look at Western States – Running Times
- Heat, Humidity to Challenge Western States Runners – Auburn Journal
- 40th Western States 100-Mile Endurance Run Set for Saturday – Auburn Journal
At Home With: Ultramarathoner and Western States Record Holder Tim Twietmeyer – Sac Bee[broken link removed]
- Karl Meltzer’s Odds
- Overview on Southcentral US Runners – Endurance Buzz
- SCOTT Athletes Racing Western States – SCOTT Sports
- DFW Ultra Runners Gear Up for Western States 100 – Dallas Morning News
- Another DFW Western States 100 Runner: Meet Paul Tidmore – Dallas Morning News
- Japanese Western States 100 Coverage – Dogsorcaravan
- Western States 2013: La Corona de las 100 Millas Se Vuelve a Poner en Juego (Spanish) – Desnivel
- Sarah Bradham’s great race report from her first 100
Let us know what else you’ve seen. We’ve been awfully busy out here in Squaw Valley!