The Skyrunner World Series Ultra division wraps up this weekend in Catalunya at Ultra Pirineu. The 110-kilometer (68-mile) race climbs 6,800 meters (22,000 feet) as runners complete the stunning Cavalls del Vent track along with a spur to bucolic Cerdanya mid-race and the ancient village of Bagà for the start and finish. We’ll be livecasting the event on iRunFar’s Twitter feed as well as combining news resources in a live-coverage feed below. We also hope to share live video coverage from the course on this page.
The race begins at 7 a.m. CEST on Saturday morning, September 24th, which is 11 p.m. MDT Friday night, September 23rd, in the U.S. The men’s winner is expected to finish in 11 to 12 hours, and the women’s champ should finish between 13 and 14 hours.
Here are a couple resources to help you follow the race:
- iRunFar’s in-depth preview;
- Pre-race video interviews with Hillary Allen, Cristofer Clemente, Kristina Pattison, and Miguel Heras;
- The Ultra Pirineu website (also en CA y ES), including a sketch, map, and elevation profile, as well as an entrants list;
- Live splits from the race;
- Likely, excellent live video coverage from the course.
- Bonus: A photo gallery from iRunFar’s exploration of the course in May of 2015.
iRunFar’s Live Coverage of the 2016 Ultra Pirineu
Our 2016 Ultra Pirineu Twitter List
Live Video of the 2016 Ultra Pirineu
Please consider making a donation in support of our coverage of the Ultra Pirineu. Thank you!
-Bryon Powell, Editor-in-Chief of iRunFar