The 2014 Hardrock 100 gets underway on Friday, July 11 at 6 a.m. MDT. We hope you join us as we cover the front end of the field’s looping journey through Colorado’s San Juan Mountains!
We’ll be livecasting the event on iRunFar’s Twitter feed. (Estaremos transmitiendo el evento En Vivo a través del Twitter de iRunFarES también.) We’ll also be combining our Twitter feed with other possible news sources and encouraging all of you to join the discussion in the CoverItLive window below. We also have a full news stream without comments for those that prefer a clean interface.
Spread the news. Tell your friends. Join the fun!
Here are a couple resources to help you follow the race:
- iRunFar’s preview;
- iRunFar’s video interviews with Sébastien Chaigneau, Julien Chorier, Dakota Jones, Kilian Jornet, Timothy Olson, and Darcy Piceu Africa;
- Our photo albums: The Start, Pitman Cataract Ridge (mile 7.8), KT (mile 11.5), U.S. Grant Swamp Pass (mile 14.8), Oscars Pass (mile 21.3), Telluride (mile 27.8), Governor Basin (mile 35.9), Ouray (mile 43.9), the Bear Creek Trail (mile 47), Engineer (mile 51.9), night (one) falling on the course, Handies Peak (mile 63.7), the Finish (leaders), the Finish (others), and the Awards Ceremony;
- Videos of the start and the Mineral Creek Crossing at mile 2;
- Race organization aid station splits;
- The Hardrock 100 website, including course information and past results;
- Speedgoat Karl Meltzer’s Odds;
- Long-form Hardrock profile by Leon Lutz called ‘Between a Hardrock and a Place’;
- A feature profile by Leon Lutz of Timothy Olson’s path to the 2014 Hardrock 100;
- Our Voices of Hardrock video series;
- AJW’s 23:23: Is It Possible? article about whether or not the course record might go down;
- All of iRunFar’s Hardrock 100 articles and resources; and
- Fresh videos: 100 Miles High (on Darcy Piceu Africa by Fredrik Marmsater Photography) and The Lion and the Gazelle (on Joe Grant by Duck Tape Then Beer).
Thank you to Drymax for sponsoring iRunFar’s coverage of the 2014 Hardrock 100.
2014 Hardrock 100 – Coverage with Discussion
Please consider making a donation in support of our coverage of the Hardrock 100. Purchasing items from the iRunFar Store also supports our race coverage around the world.
-Bryon Powell, Editor-in-Chief of iRunFar