While we think iRunFar is pulling together some great pre-Western States content (you can find all of our Western States 100 coverage in one spot) and will be interviewing numerous runners over the next few days, others are sharing great stories as well. Below, we share some of these with you and we encourage you to leave a comment letting other iRunFar readers know of additional pre-race stories worth reading. We’ll be updating this article as we learn of other resources.
Also, if you want to follow along on race day, we’ll be tweeting live from the course all day, so be sure to follow iRunFar on Twitter or to tune into our Western States Live Coverage page starting early Saturday morning.
- Zach Bitter – Learning the Course
- David Riddle – One Week to Western States
- Joe Uhan – Fear Management
Top Entrants’ Interviews (in alphabetical order)
Race Overviews and Stories
- Karl Meltzer’s Odds
- Outside Online – A Few Words on the Western States 100
- Mud, Sweat & Tears
- Ultra 168
- Auburn Journal Stories: WS = Mobile Feast, WS 100 pioneers, Steve Holden, Matt Keyes, Elke Truscott
- Team Montrail Gears Up For Western States
- The North Face Blog – Countdown to the Western States 100