[Keep reading, there’s a sweet contest below!]
…prize money totaling $12,000 plus gear from sponsors. Check it:
- The first male and female will claim $2,500.
- 2nd male and female: $1,500
- 3rd male and female: $500
- 4th male and female: $250
- male/female age-division winners: sponsor awards
- $500 to the first top 10 finishing male or female who can also return to finish in the top 5 at either the Finger Lakes Fifties 50 mile or the Virgil Crest 50/100 mile.
- Elite prem* prizes: $1000
- Non-elite prem* prizes: $1,000 worth of gear, food, cash, and more
*Race officials will be planted on the course in certain spots. Entrants approaching will be notified of a given performance incentive (like ‘$250 to the first racer to the top of this climb’ or ‘an apple pie to the first of your group to make it across the creek’). Prems are designed to encourage entrants to push their pace/effort and to just plain make the race fun.
Some top trail and ultrarunners have already entered the Cayuga Trails 50. Here’s the current high-level who’s who:
- Yassine Diboun
- Nikki Kimball
- Dave Mackey
- Krissy Moehl
- Ben Nephew
- Leigh Schmidt
Any other speedsters out there jonesing for a June 50-miler in upstate New York? I mean, the RD is offering on-course apple pie!
Sponsors and More
All of this is coming together under the race directorship of Ian Golden, a long-time upstate New York trail runner and owner of the Finger Lakes Running and Triathlon Company, a brick-and-mortar Ithaca running store; a grant from the Tompkins County Tourism Program; and the following sponsors:
We’re hosting a contest to celebrate this new, competitive, and well-prized race’s arrival onto the ultrarunning scene. We’re giving away three prize packs containing the following:
- Entry into the 2013 Cayuga Trails 50
- Your choice of an UltrAspire Spry, Surge, or Revolution pack
- A pair of Scott Kinabalus, and
- An iRunFar.com-branded shirt from Atayne.
To enter the contest, post your answer to the following question as a comment to this post by March 2, noon MST: Why do you want to run the inaugural Cayuga Trails 50? [Editor’s Note, March 17: The contest is now closed; winners have been chosen and will be/have been contacted. See RD Ian Golden’s comment below for details on who’s taking away this contest’s schwag. Thanks for your enthusiasm!]