It’s been a great year here at iRunFar. I mean that first and foremost from a personal standpoint – I’ve loved publishing iRunFar throughout 2010. It certainly helps that iRunFar.com, and its complimentary sites on Facebook and Twitter, have grown in ways that I couldn’t have imagined just 12 months ago. That growth includes the continued development of what has become the iRunFar community. For that, I thank all of you. I am, however, also proud of the content all of us at iRunFar have been able to share with you over the past year. While we’re quite excited about what’s in store for 2011, we thought we’d first take a look back at the best of iRunFar 2010!
We’ve broken our summary into Race Coverage, Assorted Stories, Select Interviews, and Gear.
We’d love to know what were your favorite iRunFar posts of 2010.
If there’s anything that we’re most proud of in 2010, it was our race coverage. Generally, when iRunFar covers a race, we generate a significant number of posts ranging from preview articles to video interviews to a report and roundup of other coverage of the race. That’s the case with the races listed below. Each of the links should take you pages that gather all of our coverage for that given event.
(We also love livecasting races via Twitter, but there’s no good way to show that here.)
- Marathon des Sables – We managed to cover the Marathon des Sables from half a world away.
- Western States 100: our coverage, our roundup of other coverage – One of the most exciting ultras ever. Krupicka and Jornet battle only to be passed by Roes.
- Leadville 100 – We passed through Leadville to cover another race, but that didn’t stop us from interviewing Anton Krupick and Hal Koerner before the race.
- Ultra Trail du Mont Blanc – The race that almost wasn’t.
- The North Face Endurance Challenge Championships – Our coverage from the final big race of the year.
- Apathy, Parks & Trail Running: A Bad Combination
- Destination Dirt Trail Guides – In 2010, we launched a series of trail guides for both urban areas and destination locales. Popular articles include Washington, DC and Yosemite National Park.
- Dietary Supplements for Runners
- Favorite Discontinued Running Shoes
- Heat Acclimation for Runners
- How to Fake it for 50 Miles – My story of getting a Western States qualifier on minimal training.
- Ibuprofen and Ultramarathons – Always a hot topic.
- Running and Happiness: Joy Amongst the Tribe – My story of how the ultrarunning community itself has brought me so much happiness this past year.
- Snowshoe Running Basics
- The North Face Endurance Challenge Editorial – An editorial on prize money and the globalization of ultrarunning turned into a no-holds-barred debate.
- TransYosemite Snowshoe Trek Report – My story of the “failed” snowshoe trek across Yosemite National Park.
- Winter Running Resources
- Anna Frost Post-TNF Championships
- Anton Krupicka Pre-Western States
- Anton Krupicka Post-Western States
- Anton Krupicka – Ultrarunning Basics Interview
- Geoff Roes Post-Western States – A nearly 20 minute video interview with Geoff following his course record run.
- Geoff Roes Post-TNF Championships
- Kilian Jornet Post-Western States
- Max King Interview – A written interview about Max joining the ranks of ultrarunners.
- Miguel Heras Post-TNF Championships Interview
- Pre-Western States Interviews with Anton Krupicka, Geoff Roes, and Hal Koerner – Written interviews with three of the big four heading into the race.
- Scott Jurek Pre-UTMB
- Tracy Garneau Post-Western States Interview
- Inov-8 Road-X Line Preview – Inov-8 is coming out with road shoes and we had the scoop.
- Inov-8 X-Talon 212 Review
- La Sportiva’s Morphodynamic Technology Previewed
- La Sportiva Raptor Review
- Montrail Rogue Racer Preview
- Montrail Sabino Trail Review
- New Balance MT100/WT100 Review
- New Balance MT101/WT101 Review
- New Balance Minimus Review
- New Balance MT110 Preview
- Salomon Advanced Skin S-Lab Pack Review
- Salomon SpeedCross 2 Review
- Saucony Kinvara Review
- The North Face Single Track
- Vasque Mindbender Review
- Vasque Transistor FS Review
- Vibram FiveFinger KSO Review
- Compression Sock/Calf Sleeve Discussion
- Marathon des Sables Gear List
- Running Gloves Reviewed
- Running Skirt Roundup
- Trail Running Shoe Highlights of ORWM 2010 – We previewed our favorite shoes from the 2010 winter Outdoor Retailer show. The New Balance MT101 was the hit.
- Trail Running Apparel Highlights of ORWM 2010
- Trail Running Gear Highlights of ORWM 2010