[Note: This contest is now closed. Winners were announced here.]
As you might expect, we receive a great many shoes here at iRunFar. Some arrive as sample for possible reviews (we usually only publish our favorites), while we pick up others at various events. We keep some reference pairs, but at some point we need to unload most of them whether we like the shoes or not. That’s why if you are a men’s size 9 (or 9.5) today might be your lucky day. As part of a week long series of contests, we’re giving away 8 pairs of trail shoes!
Details on how to enter follow the list of available shoes. Note that while each pair of shoes has been worn, they’re all in excellent, darn-close-to-new condition.
BTW, here’s an index to all of our contests this week.
Men’s Size 9
- La Sportiva Raptor – A stable, neutral trail shoe (iRF La Sportiva Raptor review)
- Merrell CP Paragon – One of the coolest looking trail shoes we’ve ever worn. Green camo upper with orange midsole. (right) Light and airy, too.
- Oboz Ignition II – An improved version of the Ignition that features booty construction.
- Salomon SpeedCross 2 – A highly-lugged trail shoe that performs well in a variety of conditions. (iRF Salomon SpeedCross 2 review)
- The North Face Arnuva Boa – A hybrid trail shoe featuring the Boa Lacing System.
- The North Face Single-Track – An award winning hybrid shoe new for this year. (iRF TNF Single-Track review)
- Ultra Lightweight Flipflops – Basically lightweight foam cut in the shape of a flipflop. For in-camp use in desert stage races only. These have never been worn.
Men’s Size 9.5
- GoLite Comp – A trail shoe designed with outsole “pods” to absorb impact. It’s a shoe for the adventurous.
- Montrail Sabino Trail – The most stable and protective trail shoe in Montrail’s current lineup. Note that these are actually a size 9, but they fit like a 9.5. (iRF Montrail Sabino Trail review)
Really, there are no rules to speak of. To enter, just leave a comment (please do this directly on the website, not via email) with your name and location. While not necessary, please include your email in the confidential box above the main comment box to help expedite our getting your brand new gear out to you (if you win). In the name of responsible shipping (and our non-existent budget) we’re limiting this contest to American and Canadian shipping locations only.
We ask that you please note in the comment only the gear pieces in which you are most interested. Your specific requests add to our work, but mean the gear goes to the folks for whom it would be most useful. There’s no limit to the number of items you can enter (see paragraph below) to win, we just ask that you are thoughtful in entering the contest.
The drawing for each item will be random … for the most part. One caveat of this giveaway is that you’ll only walk away with one item. (A good reason to only enter for the items you want most.) With that in mind, there may be instances where we will deliberately divvy up prizes so that more people walk away happy.
To be eligible, you need to enter by 5 p.m. PDT on Friday, October 15. We’ll post results from all of our One Miiillllionth Pageview contests on October 18th.
We don’t make you “do” anything to enter this giveaway. No need to fill out a form, sign up for this, or subscribe to that. However, if you appreciate iRunFar and what it does, we just ask that you spread the word. You could share news of this giveaway with others, link to iRunFar on your blog or website, or tell your buddies about the website on your next run.
While you’re at it, consider further embracing the iRunFar community through one of the following options. Not only will they keep you better informed (we share different news on the website, the Facebook page, and Twitter), but you’ll help us out, too!
Also, anyone looking for a free iRunFar bumper sticker, please use our contact page to request one. We’ll need your full address for that! Folks, we ship these free anywhere in the world. Really!