2012 Transvulcania Ultramarathon Live Coverage
This Saturday at 6 am local time (WET/GMT+1; 1 am EDT in the States) on the volcanic island of La Palma in the Canary Islands, the Transvulcania ultramarthon (83 km/51.5 miles) gets underway with one of, if not the most stacked trail ultramarathon fields in history. Bryon Powell of iRunFar will livecast the event as best he can on iRunFar’s Twitter feed, and will try to enlist additional international journalists to aid a join coverage effort collected below. Back home in the States, Meghan Hicks will moderate and add to the discussion in the live coverage of this post, so feel free to jump in.
Tell your friends. Join the discussion. Enjoy.
Here are a couple resources to help you follow the race:
- iRunFar’s Transvulcania men’s preview
- iRunFar’s Transvulcania women’s preview
- iRunFar’s pre-race interview with Anton Krupicka, Mike Wolfe, Joe Grant, Geoff Roes & Dakota Jones
- iRunFar’s pre-race interview with Darcy Africa and Nikki Kimball
- The Transvulcania website (available in both English and Spanish)
- The race’s timing website
- Ultra 168′s look at the Transvuclania scene
If you enjoy iRunFar’s live coverage from Spain or all-night moderation Stateside, please considering making a donation. Just $5 will get me a glass of “recovery” rioja in Spain, while $10 will get Meghan a pound of decent coffee here in the US to keep her awake for Zegama. A larger donation would help support our travel to cover other races near and far.
-Bryon Powell, Editor-in-Chief of iRunFar.