Sweden’s 90-kilometer UltraVasan starts at 5 a.m. CEST on Saturday morning (9 p.m. Friday evening MDT in the US) in Sålen before running the historic route to Mora. We’re here in Sweden to cover the race. We’ll focus on the men’s showdown as injury and politics have eliminated what was to be a competitive women’s race, but, as always, we’ll provide updates there when we can.
Here are a couple resources to help you follow the race:
- iRunFar’s UltraVasan preview;
- Official UltraVasan website, including time splits and live tracking (you’ll need to select Ultravasan 90 rather than Cykelvasan 90 to view both splits and tracking);
- Pre-race video interviews with Jonas Buud and Max King;
- Live video from the finish; and
- Helen Cospolich’s description of last year’s UltraVasan.
Thanks to the Vasaloppet organization for making our coverage of UltraVasan possible!
Live Coverage of UltraVasan 2015
Please consider making a donation in support of our coverage of the UltraVasan. Purchasing items from the iRunFar Store also supports our race coverage around the world.
-Bryon Powell, Editor-in-Chief of iRunFar