2012 Leadville 100 Results
This year’s Leadville 100 was as exciting as forecast. The weather was great, but a course change in the week before the race added a few miles (rumor is 3) and a decent amount of time to all competitors attempts.
At least three different men – Thomas Lorblanchet (post-Leadville interview), Mike Aish, and Anton Krupicka (post-Leadville interview) – were in the lead once the race opened up. Eventually, Aish withdrew while Krupicka was slowed by blown quads. That left methodical Frenchman Lorblanchet as the winner by the time they returned to Leadville. Zeke Tiernan continued his series of strong Leadville runs in taking the runner up position this year. Nick Clark added to his collection of third place finishes at major 100 milers, while 50+ year old runner Jay Aldous rounded out the top five by achieving his goal of a sub-19-hour finish.
On the women’s side, Aliza Lapierre lead the field out through midway with Liza Howard always close on her heels. By 60 miles, Howard had made a move to take the lead. However, that wouldn’t last as Tina Lewis (post-Leadville interview) took over the lead en route to the mile 76 aid station. Lewis continue to build her lead into a win.
You can find our full play-by-play of the race as well as a collection of our pre-race interviews and preview on our 2012 Leadville 100 Live Coverage page.
Thanks to New Balance, a sponsor of the 2012 Leadville 100, for supporting iRunFar’s coverage of the race.
As usual, we’ll be updating this article with addition results as well as links to Leadville-related articles, photo galleries, and race reports.
2012 Leadville 100 Men’s Official Results
- Thomas Lorblanchet (Salomon) – 16:29:28 (post-Leadville interview)
- Zeke Tiernan – 16:44:20
- Nick Clark (Pearl Izumi) – 17:11:16
- Anton Krupicka (New Balance) – 17:21:09 (post-Leadville interview)
- Jay Aldous – 18:42:42
- Andrew Catalano - 19:28:39
- Brandon Stapanowich – 19:32:23
- Mike Arnstein – 19:37:14
- Craig Howie – 19:50:11
- Tim “Lucho” Waggoner - 20:12:36 (2012 Leadman champ!)
2012 Leadville 100 Women’s Official Results
- Tina Lewis – 19:33:45 (post-Leadville interview)
- Liza Howard (New Balance) – 20:44:08
- Ashley Nordell (Pearl Izumi) – 20:47:58
- Aliza Lapierre (Salomon) – 21:14:32
- Darcy Africa (Pearl Izumi) – 23:20:06
- Jen Segger (Salomon) – 23:26:02
- Alyssa Wildeboer - 24:03:05
- Jaclyn Greenhill – 24:11:32
- Carrie Stafford – 24:49:31
- Valerie Wrenholt - 24:49:54
2012 Leadville 100 Articles, Race Reports, and More
- Matt Trappe’s Photos
- Aspen’s Tiernan Second in Leadville 100 – The Aspen Times
- Photos from Buzz Burrell and Ultimate Direction
- Zeke Tiernan race report & interview (2nd)
- Nick Clark (3rd)
- Anton Krupicka (4th)
- Jay Aldous (5th)
- Brandon Stapanowich (7th)
- Tim Waggoner (11th OA; Leadman champ and new series record holder by five hours!)
- Scott Jaime (DNF)
- Ian Torrence (DNF)