Chilly Weather, Hot Contest
October 5, 2010 by Bryon Powell · 371 Comments
[Note: This contest is now closed. Winners were announced here.]
It’s raining gear! Hallelujah! It’s raining gear! Amen! That’s right iRunFar readers, it’s time to get your gear on. You’ve helped us hit 1 million pageviews and to thank you, we’re hooking you up with gear and prizes all week. Today, we’re opening up our gear closet to give you apparel to keep you warm and running this autumn and winter. All this gear is brand spanking new… don’t ask us how we got it all.
Details on how to enter follow the list of gear to be won.
BTW, here’s an index to all of our contests this week.
Long Sleeve Shirts (all men’s medium)
- Brooks EZ T Long Sleeve (blue) – A sweet health blue long sleeve from Brooks.
- Mountain Hardwear Tech Shirt from Holiday Lake 50k ’07 (blue) – Great Mountain Hardwear lightweight tech shirt.
- Brook Equilibrium from the Old Pueblo 50 Mile (white) – The tags are still on this lightweight tech shirt.
- REI Tech Shirt from Uwharrie Mountain Run ’07 (black) – Lightweight functional tech shirt.
- Brooks Tech Shirt from HAT Run 50k (navy blue) – Another great tech shirt.
- Moeben Sleeves (medium – long) – These tie-dyed pattern sleeves are sure to get you seen!
- Patagonia Capilene 4 Beanie – A shallow green beanie made with Polartec Power Dry that’s good for keeping your noggin’ warm, but not your ears.
- High UV Protection Buff – The Buff is a perfect accessory through all seasons with a vast array of uses. This one is great with a classic bandanna print. It also features Insect Shield insect repellent.
- Saucony Mittens (large/extra large) – A fine pair of Polartec mittens with a great nose-wiping thumb.
- Sugoi Braveheart Beanie – A black and white plaid beanie. A deep hat that you can double up over your ears.
- The North Face TKA Textured 100 Full Zip Jacket – This is not a running jacket per ce, but it is a sweet fleece jacket with Polartec Classic Micro.
Really, there are no rules to speak of. To enter, just leave a comment (please do this directly on the website, not via email) with your name and location. While not necessary, please include your email in the confidential box above the main comment box to help expedite our getting your brand new gear out to you (if you win). In the name of responsible shipping (and our non-existent budget) we’re limiting this contest to American and Canadian shipping locations only.
We ask that you please note in the comment only the gear pieces in which you are most interested. Your specific requests add to our work, but mean the gear goes to the folks for whom it would be most useful. There’s no limit to the number of items you can enter to win (see paragraph below), we just ask that you are thoughtful in entering the contest.
The drawing for each item will be random … for the most part. One caveat of this giveaway is that you’ll only walk away with one item. (A good reason to only enter for the items you want most.) With that in mind, there may be instances where we will deliberately divvy up prizes so that more people walk away happy.
To be eligible, you need to enter by 5 p.m. PDT on Friday, October 15. We’ll post results from all of our One Miiillllionth Pageview contests on October 18th.
We don’t make you “do” anything to enter this giveaway. No need to fill out a form, sign up for this, or subscribe to that. However, if you appreciate iRunFar and what it does, we just ask that you spread the word. You could share news of this giveaway with others, link to iRunFar on your blog or website, or tell your buddies about the website on your next run.
While you’re at it, consider further embracing the iRunFar community through one of the following options. Not only will they keep you better informed (we share different news on the website, the Facebook page, and Twitter), but you’ll help us out, too!
Also, anyone looking for a free iRunFar bumper sticker, please use our contact page to request one. We’ll need your full address for that! Folks, we ship these free anywhere in the world. Really!