Share Your Thoughts on the JFK 50 Mile
June 3, 2008 by Bryon Powell · 3 Comments
Ok, this is a totally shameless post, but true to my DC lawyer ways, I’m cool with that. ;-) Regardless, as you may have gathered, I’m doing a bit of writing for a national running magazine to be named later. The good news is that the piece I’ve been working on regarding the JFK 50 miler has been promoted and I’ve been given the go ahead to expand it. I know that many loyal iRunFar readers have run JFK and it’s my hope that you would help me out by sharing your thoughts regarding JFK. The only wrinkle is that I must submit my rewrite of the article by Thursday morning, so you would need to post any comments by Wednesday evening to have them considered for the article. However, I intend to leave this post up after my deadline… JFK is less than 6 months away and your thoughts/comments/anecdotes on the race will doubtless be useful to others! Read on to see what aspects of your JFK experiences I’d love to hear about.
- What do you think are the biggest challenges a runner faces in running JFK?
- What do you think are the best and most enjoyable aspects of JFK for a runner?
- What are your most vivid memories from you runs at JFK?
- What are your thoughts on the three main sections of JFK – the trail, the towpath, and the road? What are the best and worst aspects of each?
- Any thing else you’d like to share about the race or your experiences at it.
No need to answer all of these – I would greatly appreciate your insight into any and all of them. Please provide your full name if you’d like me to consider quoting you for the article. (No, I don’t need you middle name, but please do share if it’s something funny like Ezekiel, Laverne, or Bryon. ;-) ) If you’d like to share, but would prefer not to be quoted, just let me know and I’ll honor your request. Also, if you’d prefer to share offline, shot me an email at irunfarblog at gmail dot com.
Thanks in advance!